Listen. Learn. Discuss. Transform health care.
Change Agents across Colorado and the nation are doing remarkable things to change the trajectory of health care. Here is a collection of recordings, presentations, and Chats that highlight the amazing work being done as well as provide crucial information and education to move us all toward the Triple Aim.
Change Agent Chat: Brown University
October 9, 2018
A doctoral student at Brown University used CO APCD data to evaluate the effect of policies in the 2010 Affordable Care Act (ACA) on the stability of coverage among Medicaid beneficiaries in Colorado. They characterized and investigated the impact of policies on coverage stability, which could contribute to reductions in costs and improvement in the quality of care.
What utilization patterns did they uncover?
Click here to watch the 30 minute #ChangeAgentChat featuring Sarah Gordon, doctoral student at Brown and Pete Sheehan, CIVHC’s VP of Business Development.
Click here to listen to the audio.
Project Angel Heart Impact Study
September 19, 2018
CIVHC's Kristin Paulson and Project Angel Heart's Rachael Robinson had an in-depth discussion of Project Angel Heart’s recent study that used CO APCD data to examine the cost patterns of their clients prior to service, during service, and post- service, as well as compare cost and utilization to that of a control group using claims data.
Presentation slides are available here
Colorado Business Group on Health: Determining Health Care Pricing Reasonableness Discussion
June 14, 2018
CIVHC was honored to participate in this invigorating conversation about health care pricing in Colorado.
Presented by the Colorado Business Group on Health, the discussion centered on Colorado's Medical Pricing Data and how employers can use it to drive value-based insurance design.
Webinars and Meetings
Change Agent Chat Series
- Northwest Colorado Community Health Partnership - Video / Audio
- Coalition to Transform Advanced Care - Video / Audio
- Peterson Center on Healthcare - Video / Audio
- Aurora Health Access - Video / Audio
- The Commonwealth Fund - Health System Scorecards - May 2018 (Audio Only)
- Children's Hospital Colorado - Improving Care for Medically Complex Children - May 2018 (Audio Only)
- Dispatch Health - Health Care that Zooms: In Home, On Demand Acute Care - April 2018 (Audio Only)
- University of Texas - Understanding the Impact of Hospital and Payer Negotiations - March 2018
- Quality Health Network and the Community Resource Network - February 2018
- Colorado Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association - Understanding Physical Rehabilitation Service Utilization and Cost - January 2018
- Colorado Chronic Care Collaborative - Costs for Specialty Drugs for Chronic Conditions - December 2017
- Catalyst for Payment Reform - Scorecard on Payment Reform - November 2017
- Graduate students at Duke University. - Competition in the Health Insurance Exchange - October 2017
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital - Skin Cancer Prevalence in Colorado and Across the Nation - September 2017
- Denver Regional Council of Governments - Making the Data Case for Senior Care - August 2017
- DAWN Clinic - Aurora’s Underserved and Anschutz’s Hopefuls Come Together at DAWN Clinic - July 2017
- Aurora Mental Health Center - The Chambers Hope Health and Wellness Clinic - May 2017
- Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association - Bundles for Colorado’s Hips and Knees - April 2017
- HopeWest - Hospice Care with Heart on the Western Slope - March 2017
- Southeast Health Group - Health Navigators Help Lower Costs - February 2017