Listen. Learn. Discuss. Transform health care.
Change Agents across Colorado and the nation are doing remarkable things to change the trajectory of health care. Here is a collection of recordings, presentations, and Chats that highlight the amazing work being done as well as provide crucial information and education to move us all toward the Triple Aim.
In 2019, the Change Agent Chat series became a podcast. Click here to listen and subscribe!
Webinar: Explore Advance Care Planning
(recorded 4/22/2020) The COVID-19 pandemic has made advance care planning a more pressing issue for many Coloradans. While there’s much we can’t control, we can make informed decisions to give the people closest to us the power to confidently make health care decisions for us in the event that becomes necessary. All adults should make time for these conversations, but they’re especially important for those who are over 60 years old and are living with chronic health conditions such as heart, lung or kidney disease or cancer. Listen to this webinar to explore this topic further, featuring Melissa Davis, a licensed clinical social worker with The Denver Hospice and Optio Palliative Care.
Webinar: Advance Care Planning Overview (NHDD)
(recorded 4/16/2020) National Health Care Decisions Day (NHDD), held annually in April, is an initiative to encourage people to express their wishes regarding healthcare and for providers and facilities to respect those wishes, whatever they may be. It’s important to understand that NHDD is not only about end-of-life care but is meant to reach a much broader spectrum so that every individual may have their healthcare wishes met. In this webinar recorded on this year's April 16th event, Hilary Lum, MD, PhD, will provide an overview of Advance Care Planning, why it is important for everyone and how to get started, or continue, on your Advance Care Planning journey.
Webinar: Top 10 Things to Know About The MOST Form
This is a brief overview of the 10 things you should know about the MOST form (Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment). In this 30 minute webinar Hillary Lum, MD, PhD, will highlight the key things that social workers, administrators, admissions/sales team, providers and others should know when working with the MOST.
Creating County Level Profiles to Facilitate Community Assessments
Public Health in the Rockies Session, August 28, 2019
Data doesn’t have to be scary or intimidating, but in a world where we are inundated with information, it’s often difficult to know where to start. This session will teach you to use free, publicly available, cross-sector data to build profiles of your target population, allowing you to focus your efforts, dive deeper into possible correlations, design effective interventions, and track progress towards achieving your health outcomes goals.
CIVHC Connect: Caring and Preparing for Serious Illness
February 22, 2019
Serious illness will affect us all, either personally or through loved ones, at some point in our lives. Preparation and knowledge of the nuts and bolts can provide comfort in a scary situation. As Change Agents, there are also ways we can improve the system to support those going through serious illness.
CIVHC Connect: Dollars and Sense
November 13, 2018
In November 2018 CIVHC brought together Change Agents from across the nation to change the conversation.
Dollars and Sense was a day-long event featuring new data and analysis from local and national leaders in health care transparency and cost containment.
- Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement / CIVHC - Total Cost of Care
- CIVHC - Public Reporting and Consumer Shopping Tool
- Catalyst for Payment Reform - Colorado Scorecard
Webinars and Meetings
- Project Angel Heart Impact Study - Sept. 2018 - Video / Slides
- Determining Health Care Pricing Reasonableness (hosted by CBGH) - June 2018 - Recording / Slides / Handouts
- CIVHC Connect: Public Reporting - May 2018 Video / Slides / Handout
- Total Cost of Care in Colorado Spot Analysis Webinar - March 2018
- CIVHC and National Leaders Discuss Health Care Quality and Cost Drivers Meeting - October 2017
- Total Cost of Care Project Physician Practice Webinar - December 2016
Change Agent Chat Series
- University of Colorado Denver Health and Behavioral Sciences Department
- Brown University Student
- Northwest Colorado Community Health Partnership
- Coalition to Transform Advanced Care
- Peterson Center on Healthcare
- Aurora Health Access
- The Commonwealth Fund - Health System Scorecards - May 2018 (Audio Only)
- Children's Hospital Colorado - Improving Care for Medically Complex Children - May 2018 (Audio Only)
- Dispatch Health - Health Care that Zooms: In Home, On Demand Acute Care - April 2018 (Audio Only)
- University of Texas - Understanding the Impact of Hospital and Payer Negotiations - March 2018
- Quality Health Network and the Community Resource Network - February 2018
- Colorado Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association - Understanding Physical Rehabilitation Service Utilization and Cost - January 2018
- Colorado Chronic Care Collaborative - Costs for Specialty Drugs for Chronic Conditions - December 2017
- Catalyst for Payment Reform - Scorecard on Payment Reform - November 2017
- Graduate students at Duke University. - Competition in the Health Insurance Exchange - October 2017
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital - Skin Cancer Prevalence in Colorado and Across the Nation - September 2017
- Denver Regional Council of Governments - Making the Data Case for Senior Care - August 2017
- DAWN Clinic - Aurora’s Underserved and Anschutz’s Hopefuls Come Together at DAWN Clinic - July 2017
- Aurora Mental Health Center - The Chambers Hope Health and Wellness Clinic - May 2017
- Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association - Bundles for Colorado’s Hips and Knees - April 2017
- HopeWest - Hospice Care with Heart on the Western Slope - March 2017
- Southeast Health Group - Health Navigators Help Lower Costs - February 2017