Listen. Learn. Discuss. Transform health care.
Change Agents across Colorado and the nation are doing remarkable things to change the trajectory of health care. Here is a collection of recordings, presentations, and Chats that highlight the amazing work being done as well as provide crucial information and education to move us all toward the Triple Aim.
Change Agent Chat: University of Colorado Denver Health and Behavioral Sciences Department
October 23, 2018
A PhD student at UC Denver is using CO APCD data to investigate whether a patient’s socio-economic status or health insurance plan affects their access to potentially life-saving, but expensive, genetic testing.
Click here to watch the 30 minute #ChangeAgentChat featuring Emily Hammad, doctoral student at University of Colorado Denver Health and Behavioral Sciences Department and Tamaan Osbourne-Roberts MD, CIVHC’s CMO.
Change Agent Chat and Standard Report Demo: Melissa Memorial Hospital
October 15, 2018
Melissa Memorial Hospital used a CO APCD outmigration report to understand where patients were going for care and what services they were seeking. MMH then compared the data with the Community Health Needs Assessment, and a market share study to show that Orthopedics, Chemotherapy and eye services were the major outmigration services.
What insights did the outmigration report uncover? What steps were taken to fill the gaps in care?
Click here for the recording of the #ChangeAgentChat and demonstration of the outmigration report featuring Cari Frank, CIVHC's VP of Communications and Marketing and Trampas Hutches, CEO of Melissa Memorial.
*CIVHC Communications' webcam did not record due to technical difficulties. The demo of the report is visible.
Project Angel Heart Impact Study
September 19, 2018
CIVHC's Kristin Paulson and Project Angel Heart's Rachael Robinson had an in-depth discussion of Project Angel Heart’s recent study that used CO APCD data to examine the cost patterns of their clients prior to service, during service, and post- service, as well as compare cost and utilization to that of a control group using claims data.
Presentation slides are available here
Webinars and Meetings
- Determining Health Care Pricing Reasonableness (hosted by CBGH) - June 2018 - Recording / Slides / Handouts
- CIVHC Connect: Public Reporting - May 2018 Video / Slides / Handout
- Total Cost of Care in Colorado Spot Analysis Webinar - March 2018
- CIVHC and National Leaders Discuss Health Care Quality and Cost Drivers Meeting - October 2017
- Total Cost of Care Project Physician Practice Webinar - December 2016
Change Agent Chat Series
- Brown University Student - Video / Audio
- Northwest Colorado Community Health Partnership - Video / Audio
- Coalition to Transform Advanced Care - Video / Audio
- Peterson Center on Healthcare - Video / Audio
- Aurora Health Access - Video / Audio
- The Commonwealth Fund - Health System Scorecards - May 2018 (Audio Only)
- Children's Hospital Colorado - Improving Care for Medically Complex Children - May 2018 (Audio Only)
- Dispatch Health - Health Care that Zooms: In Home, On Demand Acute Care - April 2018 (Audio Only)
- University of Texas - Understanding the Impact of Hospital and Payer Negotiations - March 2018
- Quality Health Network and the Community Resource Network - February 2018
- Colorado Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association - Understanding Physical Rehabilitation Service Utilization and Cost - January 2018
- Colorado Chronic Care Collaborative - Costs for Specialty Drugs for Chronic Conditions - December 2017
- Catalyst for Payment Reform - Scorecard on Payment Reform - November 2017
- Graduate students at Duke University. - Competition in the Health Insurance Exchange - October 2017
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital - Skin Cancer Prevalence in Colorado and Across the Nation - September 2017
- Denver Regional Council of Governments - Making the Data Case for Senior Care - August 2017
- DAWN Clinic - Aurora’s Underserved and Anschutz’s Hopefuls Come Together at DAWN Clinic - July 2017
- Aurora Mental Health Center - The Chambers Hope Health and Wellness Clinic - May 2017
- Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association - Bundles for Colorado’s Hips and Knees - April 2017
- HopeWest - Hospice Care with Heart on the Western Slope - March 2017
- Southeast Health Group - Health Navigators Help Lower Costs - February 2017