Data Access Fees
As Administrator of the CO APCD, our goal is to increase stakeholder access to data sets and standard/custom reports from the CO APCD to advance the Triple Aim. In order to do that, we use a data licensing fee formula that enables us to cover our costs while providing high value, competitively priced data and other information products.
General Data Access Fee Information:
- Standard Reports: *Start at $2,500
- Custom Reports: *Start at $5,000
- Data Sets: *Start at $13,500
*Please note that this information represents baseline pricing and that final fees are calculated based on a number of factors including those listed below.
Factors that go into our data access fees include:
- Indirect costs (including legal fees)
- Labor costs/time required
- Number of unique and specific data elements
- Output type (Tableau, Excel, pivot tables, etc.)
- Any additional professional services/consultation requested
- Read our Plaintalk Blog on Pricing
The Colorado General Assembly has appropriated $500,000 to be used by the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) to offset the cost of licensing non-public data from the Colorado All Payer Claims Database (CO APCD) for eligible organizations. Pending state fund availability and continued use of scholarship dollars, it is anticipated that the fund will be renewed in succeeding fiscal years.
If you have data needs and would like to talk to someone at CIVHC about ways to access the CO APCD, please email ColoradoAPCD@civhc.org.