CO APCD Advisory Committee
Developed as part of the enabling legislation of the CO APCD, House Bill 10-1330, and reauthorized by Senate Bill 13-149, the CO APCD Advisory Committee makes recommendations to CIVHC and the Executive Director of the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) to help the state achieve the original goals of the CO APCD.
The current duties of the Committee include making recommendations regarding:
- Procedures for the collection, retention, use, and disclosure of data, including procedures and safeguards to protect the privacy, integrity, confidentiality, and availability of any data
- Guidelines for charging for custom reports
- Procedures to ensure compliance with HIPAA and other state and federal privacy laws
- Procedures for data confidentiality and data disposal if the CO APCD ceases to exist
- Providing recommendations to the Executive Director regarding rules governing the scholarship program including procedures, criteria and standard for awarding scholarship grants
- Consulting with the state department on development of a grant application form
- Reviewing applications for scholarship grants and recommending which grants to approve and the amount of each award
In addition, the Advisory Committee helps advise CIVHC regarding development of meaningful and actionable public reports.
Meetings are 9am - 11am on the following dates and are open to the public.
- November 9
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for teleconference info