CO APCD Data User Resources
At times, working with claims data can feel like something more akin to an art than a science. Data layouts and elements that don’t always match up with other health information technology combined with unpredictable submissions and an ever-changing data warehouse can require skills forged through experience. We hope that the resources below can help. If you have questions or suggestions for information to be included, please email email@example.com.
The Data Discovery Log documents data quality items identified following file submission and processing, enhancement and loading of data into the CO APCD.
Contents of the CO APCD
As CIVHC works to measure and define what is in the CO APCD, it is necessary to take into account the near constant growing and changing nature of the database. The reports below contain point-in-time information, capturing the CO APCD at a certain moment and measuring what it includes.
- CO APCD Snapshots break down what the CO APCD contains by payer type, number of lives, and number of claims.
- Additional reports provide different views into the contents of the CO APCD.
Information and Resources About CO APCD Data
- The Data Quality team has begun implementing the Data Quality Initiatives Work Plan developed over the last quarter and is currently working through items in terms of priority.
- Behavioral and Mental Health Data in the CO APCD - Explore what mental and behavioral health data are in the CO APCD
- Data Discovery Log - Learn about the changes to the September 2019 Data Discovery Log and how they will more accurately reflect what we learn about the CO APCD.
- When generating reports based on new analytic methodologies, we follow an iterative analytic and development process designed to provide high quality outputs with actionable information.
Non-Public CO APCD Data Release Resources
Limited release of CO APCD claims data, including commercial, Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid, is allowable under the established Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) rule, provided:
- The use is consistent with CO APCD statutory purpose
- The request meets all data privacy and security requirements including HIPAA and HITECH, as amended, and
- The proposed use will generate a benefit for Colorado residents related to achieving the Triple Aim of better health, better care, and lower costs.
CO APCD Data Users Group
The CO APCD User Group’s goal is to improve the CO APCD by providing feedback and improving communications between CIVHC and user partners. They meet every other month in person with a remote option.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending and include CO APCD Data User Group in your subject line.
Click here to join the LinkedIn Group.