The Health Data Academy is a new educational resource designed to help individuals, communities and organizations better understand how to use health care data and claims information in the Colorado All Payer Claims Database (CO APCD).
CIVHC is excited to announce the soft launch of our first Health Data Academy module. The first module outlines the different types of health data available as well as provides a level understanding of claims data and APCDs. We encourage you to go through this module and share your thoughts on the content, format and overall value of this module intended for use by individuals unfamiliar with claims and health data.
Accessing the module:
- Click here to open the module (sound required)
- Click next to advance to the next slide
- Click to here read and overview of the module
Plans for future models include a deeper dive into claims data and how claims are collected, processed and used in an APCD, ongoing data quality process, basic statistics, getting value from public CO APCD data and many more. We also welcome your feedback on ideas for future modules. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and thank you for coming on this journey with us.
Data Academy Goals
- Increase health data literacy generally, not just on using claims data.
- Increase familiarity with capabilities of the CO APCD and introduce new users to what an APCD is and how it can help them and other stakeholders make more informed decisions.
- (Re)Introduce stakeholders to basic concepts needed to understand and analyze health data (e.g., data collection method, measurement scales, descriptive statistics).
- Increase opportunities to collaborate with organizations and communities across Colorado by expanding knowledge and potential uses of the CO APCD.
Anticipated Program Contents
- Understanding health care data, claims data and APCDs
- How to use public data to improve health care
- Basic statistics
- CO APCD specifics:
- Data Submission Guide and Submission process
- Data Elements Dictionary Basics
- Identifying Providers and Members
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Behavioral Health Claims
- Quality Assurance
- Finder Files