Public Data Overview
Increasing access to transparent health care data is foundational to CIVHC’s work and to Coloradans’ ability to make informed decisions that will have lasting benefit to their overall health. We provide public data based on information from the Colorado All Payer Claims Database (CO APCD) to help consumers and other stakeholders understand how we can reduce costs and improve outcomes.
Use CO APCD data to shop for health care services and to identify opportunities for health and health care improvement in your community. Our public data focus areas include:
- Shop for Care: Search prices and quality at different facilities for common procedures and imaging tests
- Cost of Care: Find out how much is spent on health care per person in your area compared to the rest of Colorado
- Condition Prevalence: Identify which areas of Colorado have higher rates of chronic conditions like diabetes and asthma
- Low Value Care: Identify the services Coloradans are receiving that have the highest potential for harm, are likely wasteful and costs associated with that care
- Out-of-Network Services: Access in-network payments in support of Colorado legislation to reduce surprise billing
- Medicare Reference-Based Pricing: Understand commercial health insurance payments across Colorado as a percent of Medicare payments
- Quality Measures: Locate areas across the state where care quality of care provided exceeds other areas
- Utilization of Services: Explore how use of hospital and outpatient services, pharmacy fills, ER visits and more varies across Colorado
Every CIVHC publication is aimed at serving, engaging, educating, or amplifying Change Agents in Colorado and the nation, thereby supporting their good and providing necessary information and tools to help them continue to make health care improvements.
Click to visit our publication library.