Public Data Overview
Increasing access to transparent health care data is foundational to CIVHC’s work and to Coloradans’ ability to make informed decisions that will have lasting benefit to their overall health. We provide public data based on information from the Colorado All Payer Claims Database (CO APCD) to help consumers and other stakeholders understand how we can reduce costs and improve outcomes.
Use CO APCD data to shop for health care services and to identify opportunities for health and health care improvement in your community. Our public data focus areas include:
- Shop for Care: Search prices and quality at different facilities for common procedures and imaging tests
- Community Dashboard: Search county and regional data on cost, quality, access and utilization of health care services
- COVID-19: Access resources to help Colorado plan for, prevent, and understand the impact of the pandemic on Coloradans
- Low Value Care: Identify the services Coloradans are receiving that have the highest potential for harm, are likely wasteful and costs associated with that care
- Out-of-Network Services: Access in-network payments in support of Colorado legislation to reduce surprise billing
- Medicare Reference-Based Pricing: Understand commercial health insurance payments across Colorado as a percent of Medicare payments
- Telehealth: Understand how telehealth services were being used before COVID-19 nd the impact the pandemic has had on telehealth use since March of 2020.
Every CIVHC publication is aimed at serving, engaging, educating, or amplifying Change Agents in Colorado and the nation, thereby supporting their good and providing necessary information and tools to help them continue to make health care improvements.
Click to visit our publication library.