The Affordability Dashboard provides information on health care cost drivers and opportunities to improve the affordability of health care in Colorado. Using this tool, stakeholders including communities, providers and payers, policy makers, state agencies and others can identify where to focus efforts to drive change.
The Dashboard currently includes analysis in five key areas:
Cost of Care: Health care categories that drive the majority of health care spending, including breakouts of high-cost outpatient services.
Low Value Care: Treatments and services that do not improve outcomes for patients, contribute to health care spending, and may cause harm.
Prescription Drug Rebates: Percent of prescription drug spending that comes back to payers in the form of rebates.
Alternative Payment Models: Alternative Payment Models as a percent of total medical payments and primary care payments.
Medicare Reference Based Pricing: Commercial health insurance companies pay hospitals for inpatient and outpatient services as a percent of Medicare.
Please Note: You may receive a warning box that “some map details are not available" when selecting some features for the report. This is a Tableau public server issue and all features of the report are available. Simply close the warning box to continue viewing.
- Cost of Care Methodology
- Low Value Care Methodology
- Prescription Drug Rebates Methodology
- Reference Based Pricing Methodology
- Alternative Payment Models Methodology
- Alternative Payment Models Definitions
- LAN Payment Arrangement Categories
- Read the full Low Value Care Report
- Read the RAND corporation analysis of commercial health insurance payers in the CO APCD