The CO APCD is designed to identify population patterns. Health care is unique in that there is virtually no publicly available information on cost and quality. The intent of the CO APCD is to even the playing field for consumers, businesses and others to make educated and informed decisions that will improve the health of Coloradans. The aggregate data in the CO APCD will allow consumers and others to answer questions such as:
- What will this procedure cost me?
- Which providers provide the best quality at a reasonable cost?
- How does payment differ by location?
- What are the trends in disease prevalence?
- What are the trends in treatment choices?
- How does quality vary across regions of the state?